International cooperation of the Constitutional Court
of the Republic of Belarus
1. The Constitutional Court is one of the founders of the Conference of Constitutional Control Organs of Countries of Young Democracy (founded in 1997), the participants of which are Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
2. Since September 1994 the Constitutional Court is an associate member of the Conference of European Constitutional Courts (founded in 1972). The Constitutional Court actively participates in all of the congresses of the mentioned Conference.
3. Since September 2011 the Constitutional Court is a member of the World Conference on the Constitutional Justice. The Constitutional Court takes part in regular congresses of this organisation and prepares national reports on the themes of the congresses.
4. The Constitutional Court has concluded a number of memoranda on cooperation with constitutional courts of foreign countries aimed at development of bilateral cooperation and exchange of experience of the exercise of the constitutional review.
5. The Constitutional Court has many years of experience of cooperation with the European Commission for Democracy through Law (the Venice Commission) by means of participation of its representative in plenary sessions of the Venice Commission, other events under the aegis of the Commission as well as by holding joint conferences and seminars.
The most important decisions of the Constitutional Court are published in the Bulletin on Constitutional Case-Law issued by the Venice Commission and electronic database CODICES which is a collection of specific decisions of constitutional courts.
The Constitutional Court actively participates in the Internet Forum of the Venice Commission by providing for information on particularities of legal regulation of different public relations in the national legislation as well as decisions of the Constitutional Court.
Deputy Chairwoman of the Constitutional Court Ms Olga Sergeeva is a representative of the Republic of Belarus in the Venice Commission since March 2013.